There can be a lot of reasons why laptop keyboards are not working. If your HP laptop keyboard not working and you don’t know how to deal with it, here you will find the reasons and 3 methods for you. A lot of HP laptop owners, especially the laptops that have become a bit old, face this same situation and they don’t have any clue how to fix their problem of HP laptop keyboard not working. This is why I have come up with steps to diagnose this problem of yours. This can seem a very complex situation when you suddenly get to know that the keys on your HP laptop keyboard not working. Not only will your time be wasted, but your work will also get hindered.
Is your HP laptop keyboard not working? So how to find a permanent solution when your HP laptop keyboard not working? Are you facing the complexities of thousands of HP users? Don’t worry! I am here to provide you with reliable solutions to solve your keyboard, touchpad problems with your HP laptop keyboard. Here, I will give some effective solutions to fix this error quickly.
What Can Be The Reasons of HP Laptop Keyboard Not Working?
- If a faulty driver is installed – When the Windows version does not support the installed driver then your keyboard may not work until it is uninstalled.
- If you are using older driver versions– Old keyboard drivers can be another reason for the keyboard not working. You should update the keyboard driver.
- If you have damaged keys – It might also be possible that the keys are damaged because of some physical reasons.
How Can I Fix My Keyboard? Explained With 3 Different Solutions;
If you faced with the keyboard not working issue on your laptop, I have an easy solution for you. You just need to follow these steps below. This is a common issue that keyboards and touchpads are not working without reason. And it is not a hardware fault. Hope to solve your keyboard problem with these easy steps.
- Turn off the laptop
- Remove AC power if plugged.
- Press and hold the Power button for more than 60 seconds.
- Start the HP Laptop as usual.
Following these steps generally could help the laptop user to solve their problem. Although you follow these steps and if it still doesn’t work then I will have another solution for you.
Here Is Another Solution:
If you have windows 10 and your keyboard is not working, try to follow steps below:
- Shut down the computer.
- Press the Power button, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly to open the Startup Menu. Press F10 to open the BIOS settings. (Note: If the Startup Menu screen does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. Service or replace the integrated keyboard in the notebook. To continue using the notebook, connect a USB wired keyboard to a USB port, and then restart the computer.)
- Press F10 to open the BIOS settings.
- Press F5 to load the default settings, and then press F10 to accept the changes. Restart the computer.
- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- Click View, and then select Show hidden devices.
- Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard name, and then click Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
- Remove all devices in the Keyboards category, and then restart the computer.
Why is my HP laptop keyboard not working?|Solution 3
If you tried the solutions that I gave and still your HP laptop keyboard not working, I have one more solution for you. You can check the steps below;
- Perform a clean boot
- Connect an external USB keyboard
- Reinstall keyboard driver
- Update keyboard driver
We have defined all the steps that can be done for a keyboard that does not work. If you still have a problem with that HP laptop keyboard which is not working, it may be useful to send your computer to the technical service.