Mochi ice cream, which is slightly different from other ice creams, is also known as Japanese delight. Easy to prepare a mochi recipe you can make at home. So, how to make mochi ice cream? Here is a mochi ice cream recipe that you will want to eat again when you eat one!
Mochi ice cream ingredients
- 1 cup (250ml) rice flour
- 1 pot of tap water
- 1/4 (quarter) cup of powdered sugar (use half-powdered sugar if your powder sugar is coarsely pulled)
- 1 tablespoon green tea powder (or cocoa, strawberry, vanilla powder)
- 1/2 (half) cup corn starch (for top and knead)
- Halva with pistachio/cocoa
- Or peanut/nut butter
- Or chocolate
- Or frozen fruit puree
How to make mochi ice cream
A variety of Japanese ice cream available in every market in Los Angeles. We recommend changing the size of the outer part of the interior mortar using food that suits our palate is recommended. So, let’s take a look at how to make mochi ice cream.
In a deep bowl, add water, rice flour, powdered sugar, starch and mix well.
Then the mixture will be doughy. After you open the dough on a kitchen counter or on a wooden board, divide the dough into small pieces and add it into your favorite ice cream.
- Round the inner mortar and throw it into the freezer.
- We mix rice flour and green tea (or cocoa etc.) powder in a bowl and add sugar and mix again.
- Add water very slowly. (They will use cocoa to keep the water slightly warm).
- We cover the mixture with aluminum foil.
- We adjust the microwave and put the bowl into it and start it. Meanwhile, we remove the frozen mortar and put it aside.
- We sprinkle very little corn starch in the area to be kneaded.
- Remove the container from the microwave and mix it quickly and put it in the microwave again for 20 seconds.
- We take starch from the heated dough and collect it very fast (10 sec.).
We take a little bigger dough than the inner mortar and roll it. Then we put the inner mortar in the middle and close it at the ends and press it in the middle of our palms. We dipped our ball into corn starch and put it in the freezer bowl with the seam side down. (Can be eaten after 30 minutes.)
Note: You have learned how to make mochi ice cream with our recipe and making it very simple try half a gauge before it cools and makes your job very difficult if you do not shape it quickly.
Enjoy your meal!