There can be a lot of reasons why laptop keyboards are not working. If your HP laptop keyboard not working and you don’t know how to deal with it, here you will find the reasons and 3 methods for you. A lot of HP laptop owners, especially the laptops that have become a bit old, face this same situation and they don’t have any clue how to fix their problem of HP laptop keyboard not working. This is why I have come up with steps to diagnose this problem of yours. This can seem a very complex situation when you suddenly get to know that the keys on your HP laptop keyboard not working. Not only will your time be wasted, but your work will also get hindered.
Is your HP laptop keyboard not working? So do you know how to find a permanent solution if your HP laptop keyboard not working? Are you facing the complexities of thousands of HP users? Don’t worry! I am here to provide you with reliable solutions to solve your keyboard, touchpad problems with your HP laptop keyboard. Here, I will give some effective solutions to fix this error quickly.
What Can Be The Reasons If Your HP Laptop Keyboard Not Working
- On the off chance that a broken driver is introduced – When the Windows form doesn’t uphold the introduced driver then your console may not work until it is uninstalled.
- In the event that you are utilizing more seasoned driver variants, Old console drivers can be another explanation behind the console not working. You should refresh the console driver.
- In the event that you have harmed keys – It may likewise be conceivable that the keys are harmed as a result of some actual reasons.
3 Different Solutions When HP Windows 10 Keyboard Not Working
1. If The HP Laptop Keyboard Keys Not Working
In the event that you confronted with the console not working issue on your PC, I have a simple answer for you. You simply need to follow these means beneath. This is a typical issue that consoles and touchpads are not working without reason. Also, it’s anything but an equipment deficiency. If you want to take care of your console issue with these simple advances.
- Turn off the laptop
- Disconnect AC power, if connected.
- Press and hold the power button for more than 60 seconds.
- Start your HP laptop as usual
Following these steps generally could help the laptop user to solve their problem. Although you follow these steps and if it still doesn’t work then I will have another solution for you.
Here Is Another Solution When Laptop Keyboard Stopped Working :
If you have windows 10 and your keyboard is not working, try to follow steps below:
- Turn your computer off.
- Press the power button, then repeatedly press the Esc key to open the boot menu.
- Then press the F10 key, the BIOS settings will open. (Note: If you realize that the boot menu screen did not open, the integrated keyboard is not working.)
- Press F10, open BIOS settings.
- Press F5 to load the defaults and then press F10 to accept the changes.
- Then you can restart your computer.
- In Windows, open Device Manager. Click on View, then select Show Hidden Devices. Click the arrow next to Keyboards, then right-click the name of the keyboard and click Uninstall to remove devices from Windows. You have to remove all devices from the Keyboards category and then you can restart your computer.
3. Solution When HP Laptop Keyboard Not Typing
If you tried the solutions that I gave and still your HP laptop keyboard not working, I have one more solution for you. You can check the steps below;
- Perform a clean boot
- Connect an external USB keyboard
- Reinstall the keyboard driver
- Update the keyboard driver
We have defined all the steps that can be done for a keyboard that does not work. If you still have a problem with that HP laptop keyboard which is not working, it may be useful to send your computer to the technical service.